Saturday, February 07, 2009

Spiritual remedies for cabin fever

This time is dangerously close to the "dead of winter". Typically it's not a good time of year for me, and many others, emotionally, and sometimes spiritually. I've been considering ways to make things different this time around.

Today it was almost "warm"... it was in the low 40s, so I took my kids for a walk, after we bundled up. I tried to consider the beauty of the created world, and be very present in the moment--being aware of who I was, and who I belonged to. I belong to the Divine. The Divine is mine and I am the Divine's. When you grasp your bearings, you can know yourself, at least for a bit, until you find there is more to learn. Cabin fever, for me, can tear that process away from me a bit.

I could use some tips, how do you remedy cabin fever?

No comments: