Wednesday, February 06, 2008

lectio divina

I will be studying Lectio Divina for my 8 week personal and research project. If anyone is interested in learning more about this spiritual disciple of the early church, we can journey together. You can write and let me know.

This has been wonderful discovery of focusing on a scared text of a few lines and reading it while allowing God to speak into it and through it. There are 4 movements to it. And the prayer life that happens from this communion with God I've found very intimate and restful.

I'll keep you posted and add details soon.

3 comments:

Laurie M said...

Hi, Lisa--

So how is it going so far? I had the chance to "teach" lectio--as I did to SF511 last week--to my other spring class last night in Allentown. One elderly pastor had never heard of it, never experienced it at all. God graciously gave him quite a lovely experience of walking, holding Jesus' hand.

I hope you find a couple of folk who are willing to journey with you!

LisaColónDeLay said...

The first three days it went well. One day WOW!!!

I found the next day... I starting looking for a word... WORD WORD WORD... where are you?? where where where... all caught up in the "technique"... terrible... lost it totally.

I had to switch verses....

also having a hard time finding true quiet and not rushing.

I need to be hiding away better, getting more time, giving myself more time.

No takers so far.

After telling my husband all about it, he forgot everything I said about two days later. yep. I should have had him sign something. (a possibility)

liturgy said...

Lectio, I think sits in balance with other prayer styles
www.liturgy.co.nz